The Encyclopedia will be published by Springer. According to the publisher, the Encyclopedia will “cover all topics in the philosophy of law and social philosophy, including the history, theory, and leading theorists of the philosophy of law and social philosophy”. “Featuring specially commissioned entries by an international team of the world’s best scholars, including 2000-plus entries”, it is the publisher’s ambition that this will “ensur[e] its place as the definitive reference work on the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy for the foreseeable future”. See information on Springer’s website.
Editors-in-chief of the Encyclopedia are: Mortimer Sellers (IVR president and professor at the University of Maryland and director of the University of Baltimore Center for International and Comparative Law and Stephen Kirste (president of the German section of the IVR and professor at the University of Salzburg).
The following section editors have already been appointed:
- Schools of legal Thought — Patricia Mindus & Sebastián A. Reyes Molina (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- History of the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy — Gianfrancesco Zanetti (Università degli Studi di Modena, Italy)
- The Science of Law and Social Science — Pierluigi Chiassoni (Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy)
- Legal Methods — Jorge Cerdio Herran (ITAM, Mexico)
- Formal Structure of Law — Miodrag Javanovic (University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Legal systems — Eric Millars (Paris Ouest-Nanterre-La Défense Univeristy, France)
- Theory of Rights — Martin Borowski (Heidelberg University, Germany)
- Legal Institutions — Marcelo Galuppo (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Justice — John Tasioulas (University of London, United Kingdom)
- The Common Good — Tetsu Sakurai (Kobe University, Japan)
- Applied Legal Philosophy — Leslie Francis (University of Utah, United States)
- Social Philosophy — Ann Cudd (University of Kansas, United States)
- Contemporary Legal Philosophy — Sally Scholz (Villanova University, United States)
- Liberty and Equality — Gülriz Uygur (Ankara University, Turkey)
Scholars in legal and social philosophy are encouraged to suggest articles and authors for the Encyclopedia by contacting the editors-in-chief (Mortimer Sellers firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephan Kirste email@example.com).