(Revised 12 February 2019)
Members of the IVR, who are not over 35 years of age, or are doctoral candidates or have obtained their doctoral degree at most within three years from the expiry date of the call, are cordially invited to write a paper to be presented at the next world congress of the IVR in Lucerne (Switzerland) and be published in the ARSP (Archiv für Rechts- und Sozialphilosophie).
Papers submitted for the IVR Young Scholar’s Prize shall:
- deal with the subjects of the 29th IVR World Congress on ‘Dignity, Democracy, Diversity’ to be held in Lucerne, 7–13 July 2019;
- be written in one of the ARSP languages: English, French, German and Spanish;
- not exceed 40 000 characters (including footnotes and bibliography,
but excluding blank spaces);
- have on its cover page, the title of the paper, the name, affiliation, postal address,
e-mail address, membership status of the IVR, date of birth and, if applicable,
status of current doctoral studies or date of award of the doctoral degree;
- have on all other pages no reference to the applicant’s name or any other information that would identify the applicant;
- be sent to the editor of the ARSP, Dr Annette Brockmöller (email@example.com)
Deadline for submission is 31th March 2019. Only one submission by each competitor is allowed. Copies of documents showing the date of birth, current doctoral studies or the award of a doctoral degree within the past three years shall be submitted together with the paper.
To facilitate the assessment of the papers competitors who present their papers in French, German or Spanish are requested to add an English translation.
The participation in the IVR Young Scholar Prize competition does not exclude the paper from being submitted to the Congress (for presentation in the working groups).
The papers received will be read by a panel of judges appointed by the Executive Committee of the IVR.
The prize winner will be awarded € 1 000 and be given the opportunity to deliver a special IVR Young Scholar Prize lecture at the Lucerne World Congress of the IVR. The winner shall have the obligation of facilitating the publication of the paper in compliance with the editorial requirements of the ARSP.